Chaya Greenspan attended Yeshiva University, Stern College, graduating in 2000 with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, minoring in Biology and Computer Science. She continued her education at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, graduating in 2003 with a Masters of Science in Occupational Therapy. Currently, Chaya is enrolled in Doctorate for Education at North Central University. Her studies are focused in ed leadership and special education.
In 2010, Chaya joined Focus Children’s Center as a Senior Occupational Therapist and Clinical Supervisor. In this role, she provided services in school and center based settings to children struggling with a variety of diagnoses and challenges. From 2013 to 2015, Chaya Greenspan worked for Salanter Akiba Riverdale Academy’s Sensory Gym and Private Clinic as a Senior Therapist. In this role, Chaya not only helped private school students in an open classroom setting, but she piloted a preschool intervention project to increase effectiveness so there would be less need for individual services. She also launched a unique alternative afterschool program she called “Wipeout.”
Chaya then moved on to Region V, also as a Senior Therapist. She worked with public school students to provide support with work habits, handwriting, self-regulation, and body mechanics. During this time, she also worked as a covering therapist for Bergen County Special Services.
Since 2017, Chaya Greenspan has been working as a Senior Therapist at Newark Public School. She services a caseload of moderate to severe ASD and ID in a new school program. establishing sensory-motor and sensory integration groups. In addition to this role, Chaya is also the CEO of Work n Play inc., an organization devoted to integrating technology, quality, and individual pride in order to empower a child’s personal role in their growth and development.
- NHA 6-week Intensive Certification (emotional-behavioral system): Howard Glasser 10-11/2015, 2017
- Microbiology of Nutrition: 5-8/2016
- Music & Rhythm for self-regulation (techniques & song integration): Genevieve Jereb 10/2014
- Kinesio-taping (assessment and application): KTA 06/2014
- Vision Therapy (treatment tools to incorporate into practice): Dr. Leonard Press 01/2011,02/2013
- Therapeutic Listening (training on system and tools): Vital Links 10/2010
- The forearm, wrist, and hand (An NDT approach for improving fine motor control): Tina Weisman 05/18-19/2008
- NDT manual lab (practice techniques in training): Lois Bly 05/15-16/2006
- Down Syndrome (Best Practice): NYC EI 07/2006